Friday, December 17, 2010

Soldier's Delight Hike, November 7, 2010

Steve and Dave                               
Oh shucks, didn't see this til we were LEAVING!
One of the mine entrances
Piece of restored track leading to the mine entrance.
Dave and Steve at mine entrance.
Steve at mine entrance.
Kinda scary looking in there! We didn't go past the entrance.
Me catching some water falling out of the rocks.
Serpentine rocks.
Steve at the roots of a huge fallen tree.
Salamander.
Red Dog Lodge sign on the door.
Dave and Steve hangin' out on the porch at Red Dog Lodge.
Here are some pictures of the beautiful and unique landscape of Soldier's Delight.


3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed looking at all of these, Lynne! Good work! When did Steve grow the beard???? Lookin' like a mountain man!! Robins---unbelievable. Bet that mine is dangerous as heck. Why are they restoring track??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pics, Lynne. Interesting place. I like Steve's beard! Love the pic of Daisy in your lap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn-Hedgie I am so glad you left a comment. I thought I had finished loosing my mind. When I saw robins in that picture. lol
    Give Steve a tool and he is off to finish the job ( :

    ReplyDelete