| Moonrise, June 15 |
Another Snapper Rescue!
June 18
| He's not very happy! |
A young Red Spotted Newt, Big Run, June 19
Wildlife signs indicating I may see a bear. To date, Deer-1,345,999, Bear-ZERO!!
Virginia Ctenuchid Moth, Deep Creek, June 26
Polyphemus Moth, Terra Alta, June 26
Rosy Maple Moth
on the Flag, Terra Alta, July 2
Luna Moth on the Flag
Terra Alta, July 2
| With flash.... |
| ..and without flash! |
Storm in Terra Alta, July 3rd
(yucca plant, too!)
Terra Alta sunset, July 3
We found a Robin nest in my In-Laws Crabapple tree!
| You can just barely see it! |
| It started out with 4 eggs, but later, one was gone. |
| We went back and on July 17, we had babies! The nest was empty about a week and a half later. We missed the fledge. |
Here is the infamous Sideling Hill Luna Moth...the one that wouldn't move and we thought was dead, only to find it very much alive when we got home that night!
Common Wood Nymph Butterflies were all over the place on the Field thistle! Terra Alta, July 17
Great pics, one and all! Never saw or heard of the Virginia moth! And LOVE the luna without the flash!!! Great scenery, too! And those eggs are SO blue!!! Little cuties---bet they thought you were bringing food!!
ReplyDeleteI love the road sign never seen one with a deer and bear on it before. awww no bear
ReplyDeleteThe butterflies are beautiful.
Now Brother Cat is one cool cat!!! lol
Very spectacular pictures,
ReplyDeletewhat a journey in natural wonders
The moths are great !!!
Thank You !!
I love all these pictures! I'm late looking at them, I know. I had a huge snapping turtle, also, trying to cross the road right out front of my house. I got a snow shovel to help it across. ;-) First one I've seen since moving back to VA six years ago.
ReplyDeleteAnd it's too bad you didn't see a bear. LOL!