Saturday, May 21, 2011

A most famous dirigible! May 21, 2011

SO,this morning...the Goodyear Blimp just flew over the house REALLY low. Seems it was on it's way to the Preakness. I was in the bathroom when Steve yelled from the yard. Ran out the door. Forgot camera. Blimp moving away. Ran back in and got camera. Point, shoot, red blinking light. Batteries dead. Blimp moving further away. Ran back in, changed batteries, ran back out, point, shoot, nothing. Checked batteries, in backwards. Blimp pretty far now. Fixed batteries, point, shoot, the camera wants me to set day and time. Really? The blimp was far away. Camera is in secret burial ground somewhere in Minnesota......

But wait............7:15pm, I hear a sound, a familiar sound.....

and this time, I was READY!!!

See the little dot? Wait for it....



 I waved to it, of course!


 And there she goes....


off into the sunset.


 Very fun to see, even nowdays! I'm still just a kid at heart!


7 comments:

  1. Yay, Lynne. So you didn't REALLY trash that cam.

    Great pictures and commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's go for a ride!!! I'd give anything...... Great pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Blimps! Wow Lynne look at all your
    red buds in the background. They are beautiful.

    I remember Blimps from when I was young young.
    They always fascinated me and still do. I'm game
    Lynn to go for a ride!

    Great Pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on bringing the camera back from beyond! Cool pictures

    ReplyDelete
  5. She lied to us! Or else she got a new camera!LOL I would have waved, too, Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL My security word aseling! Or was it ass sling? Can not remember!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Lynne...G Y Blimp flew over the service station about a month ago, here on Shepherdstown Rd. Couldn't get my camera out quickly enough:( They have fascinated me since I was knee high to a CATERPILLAR"_

    ReplyDelete