Saturday, April 21, 2012

NCTC Eaglet Momster/Dadster Gathering! 4/21/12

What a day! I can't tell you how exciting it was too see everyone again, and meet our first timers! The weather was cooperative, the company was EXCELLENT, the fellowship fantastic... but it was all over much too quickly. The eagles put on a show! We saw the babies, both adults, Belle was in the nest for quite a while, and we witnessed a beautiful overhead soaring display by both Belle and Shep that was nothing short of amazing! At one point, I saw through the binos what I thought was a Heron because it looked to have very long legs. But as it came closer, I saw WHITE HEAD!! It was an adult with a fish in talons! I alerted everyone because I thought for sure we were going to see a fish delivery....but NOOOOOOO! It soared away! Later, however, we saw an adult flying low and fast...I think it was Belle. She flew straight to the tree, pulled back her wings, reached out her legs and landed in the attic! It was BEAUTIFUL!! And there she sat until we all had to leave.
My camera doesn't get good zoom, but a very helpful young gal named Chelsea was there with a scope, and she let everyone take a look. She even offered to try to get a picture through the scope with my camera, which you will see below! And looking through Lori's amazing zoom was awesome!
Enjoy the pictures!

Very interesting tree fungus

Shirley and Kathryn

Loretta and some VERY cool shades!

Bev, Megan, Sharon and Mattie


Linda
Shirley's gals Kathryn and Susan


Dana and Susan

Dennis and Sandi

Michael, Megan, Bev and Mattie

Jo's gals, Jennifer and Kristin
Bobbi and Ted

Robyn and her folks, Bobbi and Ted

Sophia showing off her caterpillars!

Mattie, Lori, Linda, Sharon, Thelma. In back are Dana and AnneMarie


Sandi, Bev, Dana
Lori

Sharon, Megan and Linda pointing the way!

Susan, Megan, Linda and Lori

Bev and Thelma

Sophia trying to give Dana a caterpillar, and AnneMarie

Shirley
Steve and Frank proving real men DO wear eagle beads!

Jo and Dana

Wanda and Gene

The Eagle Express

Robyn and Susan

Robyn and Jo




















MY pictures of the eagles, not so good, but through the scope, not so bad!

Mine

Through the scope, Belle, I think, is preening!

A little blurry, but a neat shot!

 We were supposed to leave NCTC at noon, but they didn't kick us out for another 45 mins. after noon. Everyone went on to get ready for dinner, and some of us went to Megan's for flowers!

The world's largest Honeysuckle vine!

Yep, that's ALL Honeysuckle!

Dame's Rocket

Wish I could remember the name of this beauty! A type of geranium.

Our FloraGirl in her greenhouse!

Justin and Steve with Megan's flower van

Bev and Sharon, Megan in back. The hummers in Bluefield are going to love these plants!

The adorable Snowy....pretty quick, this little fella, hard to get a picture!

Megan and Snowy
It was a fun time! I thank God just about every day for the gift of these eagles and the amazing people I have met and come to love because of them! What a blessing....I LOVE US!
 

10 comments:

  1. Great picture Lynne Looks like everyone had a good time ♥☺♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures Lynne, thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice nice job. It sounds like a wonderful time indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are just great, Lynne.So glad we saw you and everyone else! I guess I'll spend a long time working on pics!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynne, you certainly captured the spirit of the day, what a wonderful set of pics! Glad you and Steve could join us! Next year, dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely, Positively Magnificent!
    Thank you so much, Lynne....
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynne, this is an awesome album of the day and your last statement brought tears to my eyes. Oh, how I would have loved to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much Lynne pet,,,

    It's so wondeful to see folks again,,It would be lovely one day for me to get over and visit, but I can dream,,,

    I love everyone of you,, Bless you,,,

    loads of love and those big virtual hugs to everyone,,
    love again
    Chrissy
    XXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful shots, Lynne! SO wishing I had been able to see you! That close-up with the scope is fantastic! Whoo Hoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beatiful words, pics and formatting, Lynne ! Here's hoping I will meet you and Steve at the next Pretend or For Real Open House ! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete