At long last, Morning Glories on the feeder pole! Not just any Morning Glories, but Double Sunrise Serenade Morning Glories at that! I've never seen this kind before, but I found them easily by Googling a description.
Momster Wanda gifted the baby plants to me back in June (to replace the ones that I had originally planted that poor Steve, not knowing what they were, weed wacked). These plants got eaten almost to the ground a few weeks after I planted them, and I wasn't very hopeful. But just look at them now! Just a few blooms for the last few days, but LOTS of bud in waiting!
They look so pretty climbing up the feeder pole!
ReplyDeleteDon't forget to save some of the seed pods for planting elsewhere:)
I will show GG this photo...it will make her happy to know that they have a good home with you!
Pretty!!!! Love that color!
ReplyDeleteso jealous! I can never get Morning glories to grow....I think the birds must eat them!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful blooms Lynn, I know Steve is happy Wanda gave you a plant and it is growing nicely.
ReplyDeleteWanda didn't know about saving some of the seed pods. HUmmmmm Always learn something from our great group.
finally able to sit outside tonight for awhile and saw the female hummingbird. I also saw her our front at the Hyssop :) wish I could attract a few more..
ReplyDelete